October 13th, 2013
How To Root Sony Xperia Z on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
We are glad that Sony Xperia Z is start receiving the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update. Absolutely, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware is running smoother with optimized lock screen widget as well as enhanced notification center. Sony Mobile is start rolling out latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware regionally. Follow our guide to update your Sony Xperia Z to latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware. In addition, today we like to share tutorial on how to root Sony Xperia Z on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware 10.3.A.0.423. The root method below is applicable for both Sony Xperia Z GSM C6602 and Sony Xperia Z LTE C6603 models.
In this tutorial, we will guide you how to root your Sony Xperia Z. The root method below do not need a bootloader unlocked device. It is applicable to either locked (stock) or unlocked bootloader. Your device will be eventually rooted with SuperSU and Busybox installed. The whole process is simple and fast. It takes only 15 to 30 minutes to complete. However, ensure you are clear what you going to do to gain the root access. Check out our post regarding the benefits of root before start and if you still have doubt to begin. This tutorial has been testified working. Drop your message if it is not working for you.
We provide the complete tutorial for you to root Sony Xperia Z on 10.3.A.0.423 Jelly Bean firmware (update). Remember to backup your data in the device to avoid data lose during flashing process. Keep in mind that a single step might brick your device, so follow the tutorial step-by-step. If you in doubt, do not hesitate to leave us a message.
Sony Xperia Z is one of the latest flagship android smartphone. It is equipped with 1.5GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with GPU Adreno 320. It has 2GB RAM and internal 16GB internal storage, an additional 64GB SD card slot. Sony Xperia Z has a 5 inch TFT Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with 441 ppi pixel density. It has also an non-removable battery with NFC. Sony Xperia Z is known as of its well water-resistant and dust resistant features. It works and can stands for about 30 minutes in 3m water depth. Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is the stock operating system firmware out of the box, pre-installed with Sony Mobile Battery Saving Mode.
How To Root Sony Xperia Z on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware 10.3.A.0.423
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start.(HTC,Samsung,LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Sony Xperia Z (either C6602 or C6603 models) with 10.3.A.0.423 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Sony Xperia Z USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: Ensure you make a backup before proceed. Besides that, ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Easy Rooting Toolkit v15 by DooMLoRD (DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v15_perf-event-exploit.zip | 1.98MB)
- Download DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v15_perf-event-exploit.zip to your computer.
- Extract the zip file into a folder. You should see a “files” folder and a “runme.bat”.
- Ensure you have enabled USB Debugging and enable “Unknown Sources” in Settings->Security->Unknown Sources on your device.
- Connect your device to computer while it is powered on.
- Skip “PC Companion Software” prompt on the device screen.
- Double click to launch “runme.bat”.
- [Follow screen instructions] Press any key to continue.
- Complete the process to install busybox and SuperUser.
- Reboot your device when the script finish execution and you should have root access gained.
- If you are facing issue of device rebooting when remounting /system partition then do checkout the fix posted by @[NUT].
- Download root checker to check your root status.