October 13th, 2013
Galaxy S4 I9505: Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean I9505GUEUBMFP Test Firmware
Most anticipated Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is now available for standard Snapdragon-powered Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, thanks to SamMobile for leaking this test build firmware to developers as well as flasholic like you and me. According to SamMobile, this Android 4.3 Jelly Bean test build firmware is ready to be released to Google variant Galaxy S4 GT-I9505G in the near future but they just manage to make it a custom rom to be flashable on normal Galaxy S4.
This I9505GUEUBMFP firmware is tested by SamMobile and reported of fully functional of all features without any major issue. However, Galaxy S4 users may not flash this custom rom through Odin software as this is not official release from Samsung. You need a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP on your device in order to install Android 4.3 I9505GUEUBMFP firmware. Now, follow the tutorial below to flash Android 4.3 Jelly Bean test firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505.
How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean I9505GUEUBMFP Test Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start.(HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 (Ensure correct device model and firmware;Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy S4 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: Flashing this custom rom required factory reset your device. Hence, we strongly recommend to make NANDROID backup before flash. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
Android version: 4.3
Build ID: JWR66N
Build Date: 26 June 2013
- Android 4.3 Test Firmware (Odexed) (Android-4.3-I9505GUEUBMFP-Odexed-I9505.zip | 385.4 MB)
- Android 4.3 Test Firmware (Deodexed) (Android-4.3-I9505GUEUBMFP-Deodexed-I9505.zip | 384.9 MB)
- Do a Nandroid backup in CWM/TWRP recovery in case you need for restoration. (Strongly recommend)
- Connect your device to the computer via micro USB cable.
- Copy and paste all downloaded Android-4.3-I9505GUEUBMFP-Odexed-I9505.zip or Android-4.3-I9505GUEUBMFP-Deodexed-I9505.zip files to your phone internal SD card. This is based on your preference.
- Turn off your phone and disconnect from USB cable.
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Up + Home button to enter CWM/TWRP Recovery.
- In Recovery menu, you are recommended to perform a full Wipe Data/Factory Reset due to the installation of new Android version. For CWM recovery, use Volume key to navigate in Recovery Mode. For TWRP, use touchscreen to navigate in Recovery Mode
- Do Wipe Cache Partition – Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
- Go to advanced and do Wipe Dalvik Cache — Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
- From the main menu in Recovery, select the install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard, browse to folder location and select the Android-4.3-I9505GUEUBMFP-Odexed-I9505.zip or Android-4.3-I9505GUEUBMFP-Deodexed-I9505.zip and click Yes to install.
- After the installation completes, go back to recovery’s main menu.
- Select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- For first boot up, it normally takes longer time. Please wait patiently.