October 13th, 2013
Verizon Galaxy S4 I545: Flash TWRP Touch Recovery 126.96.36.199
Right after your Galaxy S4 rooted using the motochopper root package, you might start looking for a custom recovery installation either with CWM or TWRP. TWRP provide a fully touch driven user interface, which no volume or power buttons are to be used in the recovery mode while CWM is available in both touch and non-touch version. To ease the installation, we choose TWRP as the raw material for our guide on installing custom recovery on your Verizon-branded Galaxy S4 device.
TWRP touch recovery is developed under Team Win Recovery Project. TWRP recovery GUI is fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can even customized every aspect of the look of TWRP recovery. It does beyond the stock recovery and highly customizable.
Installation of TWRP recovery required no data wipe or flashing a full prerooted factory image. You may keep your existing data and media files in your device while performing the flashing process. Nevertheless, we highly recommend to make a backup before any modification on your device to avoid data corruption.
Installation of custom recovery can only be implemented on a rooted devices. Always check the root access of your device before flashing any custom recovery. You may easily find root checker in Google Play Store for the root access checking purpose.
Samsung Galaxy S4 is a high end smartphone with 5.0 inches Super AMOLED display (441ppi), Qualcomm Quad-Core 1.9GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage and 13MP rear camera. It is running latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box.
How to Flash TWRP Touch Recovery 188.8.131.52 on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy S4 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest your backup before flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Access to Google Play Store via your device.
- Download and install GooManager.
- Open GooManager. You are required to accept root permission for GooManager.
- Press Menu and install OpenRecovery.
- Wait patiently for the installation to take place.
- Once installation completes, TWRP Touch Recovery is installed on your device