October 13th, 2013
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos has been released in early January 2013. Its released is to target those who wish to own a big screen yet middle range device. It has a 5 inch wvga display screen with 1.2GHz dual core Cortex A9 processor. The special feature of Galaxy Grand Duos is dual sim cards support with a competitive price. We foresee this is a popular phone among all the mid range android Samsung devices. Root for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos is now available for stock Jelly Bean firmware.
In this tutorial, we will install the custom Recovery before we root the device. Custom recovery is use to flash zip or image file into your device before any further modification on your device. Check out our post regarding the benefits of root before start and if you still have doubt to begin.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 international version support dual sim GSM with 5 inch wvga display screen. It empowered by 1.2GHz dual core Samsung Cortex A9 processor, 1GB RAM, 8MP rear and 2MP front facing camera. It comes with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest your backup and make a clean wipe before flashing. Do a factory reset if you face problem after flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Samsung Odin3 v1.85 (Odin3_v1.85.zip, 199KB). – Source
- ClockWorkMod (CWM) Touch recovery (CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip, 6.25 MB)
- Super User package (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip, 1MB)
Instructions to Install CWM Touch Recovery For Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082:
- Download and extract Odin3-v1.85.zip to get Odin3 v1.85.exe in a folder in computer.
- Download and extract CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip to get *.tar or *tar.md5 in a folder in a computer.
- Transfer UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip into your device by USB cable or wifi.
- Power off your device.
- Enter Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button.
- You should see a warning triangle sign, press Volume Up to continue.
- You should see Odin Mode at the top and Downloading… , Do not turn off target!!
- Launch Odin executable file by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe.
- Connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
- Wait until Odin to show an “Added” message at the lower-left message box.
- After your device is detected by Odin, click on the PDA button and select the *.tar or *.tar.md5 file. (Remove *.ms5 extension if you see md5 hash value failure)
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & checked on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash ***.tar.md5 to your device. Monitor the flash progress on Odin.
- A green “PASS” message should show for a success flashing.
- Your device shall reboot automatically.
- You have now CWM Touch Recovery installed and you should have device reboot.
Instructions to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082:
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold Volume Up key, Home button and Power button until you see it boots into CWM Touch Recovery.
- From the CWM Recovery main menu, select install zip from sdcard.
- Proceed to select choose zip from internal sdcard, navigate to folder location and select UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip.
- Proceed to select Yes to confirm.
- Once it is complete, press Go Back and select reboot system now fromm CWM Recovery main menu.
- Your device shall reboot with root installed.
- Download root checker to check your root status OR open your applications drawer and you should see SuperSU is installed.