October 13th, 2013
Root Galaxy S Advance on Stock 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Jelly Bean Firmware
Stock DXAMD1 Jelly Bean firmware for Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 has been released to the users starting on April 2013. DXAMD1 firmware is only applicable to Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia. Once you have updated to the latest firmware version, you may need to root your Galaxy S Advance for Android development purpose. Your previous root on older version will lose every time you flash the stock Android rom.
In order to make thing right, always check the pre-requisites and requirements section before started any modification on your device. A single step deviate from our guide may result in soft/hard brick of your device. Once you are ready, let’s check out the complete tutorial below to root Samsung Galaxy S Advance on DXAMD1 Jelly Bean firmware..
Samsung Galaxy S Advance was officially unveiled back in January 2012. Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 equipped with 4.0 inches 800×480 Super AMOLED display, Samsung Cortex Dual-Core 1.0GHz processor, 768MB RAM, 16GB internal storage and 5MP rear camera. It is running Android 4.0.3 Ice cream sandwich out of the box. It is now upgraded to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
How to Root Galaxy S Advance I9070 on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean DXAMD1 Stock Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest your backup before flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Galaxy S Advance Root Package (root.zip | 1.37 MB)
- Download Galaxy S Advance Root Package in computer.
- Connect your device to computer via micro USB cable. Make sure you have Samsung USB Driver installed in computer in order to detect your device.
- Copy and paste Galaxy S Advance Root Package in the root of your SD Card.
- Unplug your device from the computer.
- Power off your device.
- Reboot into Stock Recovery by pressing and hold the Volume Up key, Home button, and Power button.
- In Android system recovery, select apply update from external storage. Use Volume Up / Down to navigate in recovery and Power button to confirm selection.
- You should see root.zip file in the list, select root.zip and press Power Button to confirm.
- Wait patiently until the installation script is completed.
- Go back to main menu in recovery.
- Select reboot now.