October 13th, 2013
Galaxy S3 I9300: Update Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUFME3 Leak Firmware
I9300XXUFME3 leaked firmware is now available for download. Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 international version is now running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware and Samsung promises Android 4.2.2 (pre-installed in Galaxy S4) will come to Galaxy S3. Official android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean should be releasing very soon since the test firmware is leaked to the web. As mentioned, XXUFME3 is test firmware (not official) and may contains major or minor bugs, test it at your own risk.
With the leaked downloaded firmware package you can manually install it with Samsung Odin. For your information, you can downgrade Android 4.2.2 back to Android 4.1.2 if you do not like it. You do not need custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) or root access to flash this leaked firmware. Let’s check out the manual installation tutorial below.
Samsung Galaxy S3 is Samsung flagship smartphone in 2012 with 4.7 inches 720p Super AMOLED display, Samsung Cortex Quad-Core 1.4GHz processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage and 8MP rear camera. It is running Android 4.0.3 Ice cream sandwich out of the box. It can be upgraded to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
New Features on Android 4.2.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
- Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
- New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget
Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUFME3 Leak Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest your backup and make a clean wipe before flashing. Do a factory reset if you face problem after flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Samsung Odin3 v1.85 (Odin3_v1.85.zip, 199KB).
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S3 (I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_ILO.zip | 972.3 MB)
- PDA: I9300XXUFME3
- CSC: I9300OJKFME1
- MODEM: N/A
- Region: Middle East
- Carrier: Branded
- Changelist: 611730
- Build Date: 8 May 2013
- Download and extract Odin3-v1.85.zip to get Odin3 v1.85.exe in a folder in computer.
- Download and extract I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_ILO.zip to get *.tar or *tar.md5 in a folder in a computer.
- Power off your device.
- Enter Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button.
- You should see a warning triangle sign, press Volume Up to continue.
- You should see Odin Mode at the top and Downloading… , Do not turn off target!!
- Launch Odin executable file by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe.
- Connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
- Wait until Odin to show an “Added” message at the lower-left message box.
- After your device is detected by Odin, click on the PDA button and select the *.tar or *.tar.md5.
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & checked on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash ***.tar.md5 to your device. Monitor the flash progress on Odin.
- A green “PASS” message should show for a success flashing.
- Your device shall reboot automatically.
- Wait patiently for the first time boot up.