October 13th, 2013
Remove Bloatware on Verizon HTC One
Are you a happy HTC One users? With all pre-installed carriers’ application on your device, I doubt if you are experiencing unexpected battery drain, running low in memory even without open any application etc. The main reason behind this circumstances may due to the fact that these unwanted application or bloatware are installed and running in the background. You may not realize the heavy memory consumption of these bloatware if you are running high end smartphone but different story for mid range and budgetary devices.
Nevertheless, you may not fully utilized these bloatware application so you have decided to remove them from your device. Here is the complete guide whereby you can simply debloat or by other mean remove these unwanted application by installing the Bloatware Remover script. It is pretty easy to perform as you already have unlocked bootloader and installed custom recovery such as ClockWorkMod (CWM) or TWRP in your device. If you are not ready for it, proceed to our How to Root HTC One guide where we helps you to unlock bootloader, root and install CWM/TWRP in the easier way.
Fear not to proceed, as you can always approach us by dropping a message in the comment section to notify us of your problem. We are here to provide assistance to you to ensure everything go right. We also have the working or not working rating system ready in our website to show the percentage of workable cases. Do not hesitate to mark working if this post is useful to you. Contact us before you try to mark not working as we are ready to help to fix the problem.
In this tutorial, we are going to remove preinstalled bloatware in Verizon HTC One device. Please beware of applying this method on other model will eventually brick your device. Consult us if you are in doubt. Before proceed, let’s take a glimpse on the bloatware that will be removed by flashing the bloatware remover script:
- Chrome Browser
- JetCet Print
- Google Kid Mode
- Kindle App
- My Verizon
- PDF Viewer
- Google Plus App
- Polaris Office
- Caller ID
- Stocks App
- Tune In
- VMWare Ready
- Visual Voice Mail
- Verizon Accessories
- Verizon Dock Mode
- Verizon Game Portal
- Verizon Location Agent
- Verizon Slacker Radio
- Verizon VZTones
- Verizon Video Portal
- Verizon Backup Assistant
- Verizon HotSpot thing
- VPN app (XDA)
How to Remove Unwanted Bloatware on Verizon HTC One
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- HTC One – Verizon (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download HTC One USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: Ensure you make a backup before proceed. Unlock bootloader will erase everything inside your device. Besides that, ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- In order to install Bloatware remover on your device, you must first unlock bootloader, root and installed custom recovery like CWM or TWRP. If you completed all the requirement, proceed to How to Root HTC One guide. Else, proceed to Step 2.
- Connect your device to computer using micro USB cable.
- Download Remove VZW HTC One Bloatware 1.4.zip into your computer.
- Copy and paste Remove VZW HTC One Bloatware 1.4.zip into the phone root directory.
- Unplug your device from computer.
- Press and hold Power button to turn off your device.
- Enter HBoot Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key and Power button.
- Navigate and select Recovery with Volume Up and Down button and use Power button to select.
- In Recovery home menu, select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard.
- Select Remove VZW HTC One Bloatware 1.4.zip and click Yes to install.
- Back to Recovery home menu, perform Wipe Cache Partition and select Yes to confirm.
- Back to Recovery home menu, perform Wipe Dalvik Cache and select Yes to confirm.
- Back to Recovery home menu, select reboot system now.
- Your device shall reboot with bloatware removed.