March 1st, 2015
How To Root Xperia M C1904/1905
Root Xperia M Guide is now available. Xperia M release officially back in August 2013 and now we got the rooting method works for Xperia M. The root method we going to share is proven working but you might need to try harder because of the possibility of success is 50%. Yet, it is still work for some. This root guide successful rooted Xperia M for c1905 and c1904 Xperia M models.
Root for Xperia M: In this tutorial, we are going to use Framaroot tool which is a one-click-root tool for Xperia M by alephzain. In this Framaroot, you can select several exploits (Aragorn, Gandalf, etc) to root your device but the working exploit is Gandalf Exploit. Be sure you select the correct exploit to root your device. You may need to try several times to get the root. We will explain further in the root instructions section later. In order to avoid any trouble during the rooting process, we highly recommend you to read the pre-requisite and requirements section and do exactly what is told. Check out out post on benefits of root before start rooting.
Sony Xperia M is a 4 inch medium entry level Android smartphone with 1GHz dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor S4 Plus, 1GB RAM, 4GB internal storage with 32GB expandable microSD card slot. 4 inch screen with 854 x 480 resolutions, 5MP rear camera shooter and VGA front facing camera. It runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box and also supports dual sim on C2004 and C2005 models.
How To Root Xperia M C1904/1905 on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start.(HTC,Samsung,LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Sony Xperia M C1904 and C1905 models (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Xperia M USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: Applying root below will not erase your device data but we recommend you to have a full backup before starting. Ensure you make a backup before proceed. Besides that, ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Browse this webpage using your device.
- Download Framaroot apk file into your device.
- Go to Menu—>Download, locate the Frameroot apk file.
- Press on Frameroot apk file in the Download folder. A pop-out windows ask for confirmation, press confirm/yes to proceed with Framaroot installation.
- Once Framaroot successfully installed on your device, you shall find Framaroot icon in the Menu/Apps Folder.
- Press on Framaroot icon in Menu/Apps Folder to launch the app.
- In Framaroot user interface, choose Gandalf exploits within the list of exploits.
- You shall now receive a exploit results: “Success … Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device”
- If you receive any of the following exploit results, please consult us.
- “Failed … Exploit work but installation of Superuser and su binary have failed”
- “Half-Success :-/ … system partition is read-only, use local.prop trick. Reboot your device and use adb to see if it run as root”, happen when the filesystem in use on system partition is a read only filesystem (ex: squashfs)
- “Failed … Try another exploit if available”
- After the process completes, you may reboot your device.
- Download root checker to check your root status.
In some scenario, you may not success rooting Xperia M such as
- Process say success, but no root access – Try to install Superuser manually from the Google Play Store, Enable and update the su binary.
- Failed on rooting – Try and repeat root process above again to root your device, your device may be rooted after several attempts.