October 13th, 2013
Root Galaxy S2 Plus I9105/i9105P Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Congratulations to you if you have just updated your Galaxy SII Plus i9105 or i9105P to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. After getting the Android 4.2.2 update, the next step is to root your Galaxy S2 Plus which will bring you tons of fun with full root access. The root method guide for Galaxy S2 Plus i9105/i9105P on android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is relatively different to other root method. It is straight forward but need to download a bigger size of files. The reason why we choose this method is this root package will not void your device warranty with binary counter increased. Your device still remain in stock original status after flashing. Check out after the break.
In this tutorial, unlike some other devices, the root tool is light and small. Instead of getting the root tool for Galaxy S2 plus, we need to download the pre-rooted stock firmware for both models. Installation is straight forward and simple. Be ensured that you download the correct firmware for your model. Be patient to download a nearly 1GB file from Hotfile if you are regular user. At the end of the process, you will have a rooted Galaxy S2 Plus i9105/i9105p with stock firmware without void your device warranty. Check out out post on benefits of root before start and make up your mind.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus is Galaxy S2 enhance version in 2012. It features with 4.3 inches 800×480 Super AMOLED Plus display, 1.2GHz dual core Broadcom BC28155 processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, 64GB expandable storage and 8MP rear camera. It is running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out of the box. It can be upgraded to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Features on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I9105
True that Android 4.2.2 should experience faster and smoother buttery effect of Jelly Bean and we believe so. In the Android 4.2.2 change log, it is expected to have improved toggle buttons in notification bar, lock screen widget, TouchWiz enhancement (Similar features in Galaxy S4), daydream screensaver mode, and overall improvements.
How To Root Galaxy S2 Plus i9105/i9105P on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I9105 or i9105P (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus USB driver for Windows and install in your computer. Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation. Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: This root package flashing should not delete your device data However, we strongly recommend you to make a backup and do a clean upgrade. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Samsung Odin3.07 (Odin3.07.zip, 1.15MB)
- Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus i9105 Prerooted stock firmware (RDS_I9105XXUBMH4_I9105OXEBMH3_I9105XXUBMH2.zip | 932.7 MB) – Source
- Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus i9105P Prerooted stock firmware (RDS_I9105PXXUBMG8_I9105POXABMG8_DBT.zip | 911.2 MB) – Source
- Ensure you fulfill all the pre-requisites with all needed USB driver installed.
- Download and extract Odin3.07.zip in a folder in computer.
- Download and extract either RDS_I9105XXUBMH4_I9105OXEBMH3_I9105XXUBMH2.zip or RDS_I9105PXXUBMG8_I9105POXABMG8_DBT.zip to get *.tar or *tar.md5 in a folder in computer.
- Power off your device.
- Enter Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button.
- You should see a warning triangle sign, press Volume Up to continue.
- You should see Odin Mode at the top and Downloading… , Do not turn off target!!
- Launch Odin executable file by double-clicking on Odin3 v3.07 exe.
- Connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
- Wait until Odin to show an “Added” message at the lower-left message box.
- After your device is detected by Odin, click on the PDA button and select the *.tar or *.tar.md5.
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & checked on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash *.tar or *.tar.md5 to your device. Monitor the flash progress on Odin.
- A green “PASS” message should show for a success flashing.
- Your device shall reboot automatically.
- Your device shall be rooted now.
- Download root checker to check your root status.