October 13th, 2013
Root LG Optimus F5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
LG Optimus F5 P875 is officially unveiled in February 2013 and only available in most of the market around the world in May 2013. Being the different series of LG Optimus, F5 is equipped with slightly higher hardware configuration such as dual core 1.2GHz processor, 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage. As compared to LG Optimus L9, Optimus F5 has more memory to cater for high memory consumption on Android Jelly Bean operating system to ensure better user experience.
Since there is no cross-version Jelly Bean firmware on Optimus F5, you can consider to root your Optimus F5 to have potential improvement and experiencing the extra tweak customized for Optimus F5. This is not official support from LG but XDA developers could give fair enough support to you once any problem occurred on your device. As doing so, your phone warranty is considered void and any damage will have cost impact. Make sure you understand the whole process before starting on this tutorial. You can refer to How to Root guide to have a better understanding on rooting. From there, we will briefly explain what is Android rooting, Why to root and How to root your Android devices. If you have device other than Optimus F5, refer to different categories accordingly.
If you have ready to start, let’s proceed to next section whereby you need to prepare your phone to be able to communication with the PC by installing the necessary software/apps/drivers. You could also need to perform a complete backup of your data before rooting to ensure restoration can be done afterwards. Every preparation is essential for successful root of your device.
LG Optimus F5 is featuring a 4.3 inch IPS LCD display, 960×540 pixels and 256 ppi pixel density. Besides, Optimus F5 is powered by a dual core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage with microSD expansion up to 32GB. Optimus F5 also equipped with 5MP 2592×1944 pixels rear camera and 1.3MP 720p front camera.
How To Root LG Optimus F5 P875 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- LG Optimus F5 P875 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download LG Optimus F5 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest your backup before flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Optimus F5 Root File (motochopper.zip | 3.36 MB)
- Extract motochopper.zip in a folder at the desktop.
- Within the folder, you should see a run.bat file. Right click the bat file and run as administrator.
- Now, connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Press any key on computer to start the rooting process.
- A pop up windows appear on your phone request for “Allow USB Debugging”. Press OK.
- Script running on Command Prompt will stop and request to reboot your phone. Press any key on computer to proceed.
- Your phone shall reboot automatically.
- Please be patient. The whole process may take several minutes.
- Download Root Checker in Google Play to check the root status.