October 13th, 2013
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-i8552
How to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-i8552 is now available. Galaxy Grand Quattro is also named as Galaxy Win which is the successor of Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos who supports dual sim. Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-i8552 supports dual sim too but with enhanced hardware specification to quad core 1.2GHz processor and 1GB RAM. Root for Galaxy Grand Quattro on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now available for download. Plenty of customization are available after granted full root access. Check out the complete tutorial and explanation after the break.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro is now available for purchase in the market after the official release. Demand of getting root is getting obvious. Alephzain, who provides the root tool for Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-i8552 named Framaroot which actually does root for multiple devices. We only focus on rooting on Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro with Framaroot. Framaroot is a simple one touch root tool and is testified to be working on Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro. Ensure you are clear what you going to do to gain the root access. Check out our post regarding the benefits of root before start and if you still have doubt to begin.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro is one of the medium range smartphone device from Samsung. It supports dual sim GSM with 4.7” (800×480) TFT display. It is equipped by 1.2GHz Qualcomm quad core Snapdragon 200 processor, 1GB RAM, 5MP front and VGA and front camera. It comes with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest you do a factory reset if you face problem after flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Ensure you allow third party app installation. (Goto Settings -> Security -> Tick on Unknown sources)
- Ensure USB debugging is turned on. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Download Framaroot-1.5.2.apk to your device.
- Open and run the downloaded apk file and proceed installation.
- Once installation is complete, open Framaroot and select Select action to execute after root as Install SuperUser or Install SuperSU (preferred).
- At the end of the process, Select an exploit in list above to potentially root your device as GANDALF.
- Now, you should see Success.. SuperUser and SU binary installed.
- Reboot your device after you see the success notification.
- Your device is now rooted.
- Download root checker to check your root status.