October 13th, 2013
Galaxy Ace 2 I8160: Update Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMF1 Official Firmware
Good news for all Galaxy Ace 2 users in Europe who start to receive Samsung’s OTA update on the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMF1 base. I8160XXMF1 firmware is now official and available for download. Galaxy Ace 2 users in Germany should receiving notifications on Jelly Bean latest update. You could find this update via Samsung Kies or Over-The-Air (OTA).
In this post, we will cover all the update methods if you have not receive update notification via Samsung Kies or OTA. We will guide you on the how to manual update your Galaxy Ace 2 without losing warranty. By following the tutorial below, you must understand and know exactly what is going to happen on your device. It is safe to perform manual update on Samsung device as long as every single steps is followed. Now, let’s check out the manual installation tutorial below.
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is featuring 3.8 inches PLS TFT display, Samsung NovaThor U8500 Dual-Core 800MHz processor, 768MB RAM, 4GB internal storage and 5MP rear camera. It is running Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread out of the box. It can be upgraded to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Update Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMF1 Official Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I9082 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest your backup and make a clean wipe before flashing. Do a factory reset if you face problem after flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Samsung Odin3 v1.85 (Odin3_v1.85.zip, 199KB).
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Ace 2 (I8160XXMF1_I8160EPLMF1_EPL.zip | 528 MB)
- PDA: I8160XXMF1
- CSC: I8160EPLMF1
- MODEM: I8160XXMF1
- Download and extract I8160XXMF1_I8160EPLMF1_EPL.zip to get *.tar or *tar.md5 and Odin3-v1.85.zip to Odin3 v1.85.exe in a folder in a computer.
- Power off your device.
- Enter Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button.
- You should see a warning triangle sign, press Volume Up to continue.
- You should see Odin Mode at the top and Downloading… , Do not turn off target!!
- Launch Odin executable file by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe.
- Connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
- Wait until Odin to show an “Added” message at the lower-left message box.
- After your device is detected by Odin, click on the PDA button and select the I8160XXMF1_I8160EPLMF1_EPL.tar or I8160XXMF1_I8160EPLMF1_EPL.tar.md5.
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & checked on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash I8160XXMF1_I8160EPLMF1_EPL.tar to your device. Monitor the flash progress on Odin.
- A green “PASS” message should show for a success flashing.
- Your device shall reboot automatically.
- Wait patiently for the first time boot up.
You may also like to know How To Root Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 On Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Follow instructions here to proceed for root after update above. Root package and instructions are identical to XXMC8 firmware.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMF1 guide is on. Enjoy the easy root guide exclusively for you.