October 13th, 2013
How To Root Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Sony is in the right track as they started to update Sony Xperia Tablet Z, one of the most beautiful built android tablet to latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Official Jelly Bean for Sony Xperia Tablet Z is now available via OTA (Over the air) or Sony PC Companion for windows / Sony Bridge for Mac. No matter your Sony Xperia Tablet Z is with the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean or Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, our root tutorial here is workable and applicable for both of this firmware version. As what we understand, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean bring even more smoother buttery Jelly Bean performance, customized toggle button, improved notification menu bar and multiple lock screen feature with widgets.
10.3.A.0.407 is the certified Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Sony Xperia Tablet Z. As we mentioned earlier, the root method below is working for both Android 4.2 and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Root method below does not need additional steps to unlock your device bootloader. But it also works on unlocked bootloader device. In short, your device’s warranty should still valid after root. However, ensure you are clear what you going to do to gain the root access. Check out our post regarding the benefits of root before start and if you still have doubt to begin.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z is one of the best android tablet in market today with the elegant, stylish and solid design. It is equipped with 1.5GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 processor with GPU Adreno 320. It has 2GB RAM and internal 16GB internal storage, an additional 64GB SD card slot. Sony Xperia Tablet Z has a 10.1 inch Full HD (1920 x 1200 pixels) display with 224 ppi pixel density. It has also a 6000mAh non-removable battery with NFC. Following its sibling product, Sony Xperia Z, Tablet Z is also a waterproof and dust resistant tablet (IP57). Sony Xperia Tablet Z come with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean as stock operating system firmware out of the box, and upgradable to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
How To Root Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start.(HTC,Samsung,LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Sony Xperia Tablet Z with Android 4.1.2 / 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Sony Xperia Tablet Z USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: Ensure you make a backup before proceed. Besides that, ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Easy Rooting Toolkit v15 by DooMLoRD (DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v15_perf-event-exploit.zip | 1.98MB)
- Download DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v15_perf-event-exploit.zip to your computer.
- Extract the zip file into a folder. You should see a “files” folder and a “runme.bat”.
- Ensure you have enabled USB Debugging and enable “Unknown Sources” in Settings->Security->Unknown Sources on your device.
- Connect your device to computer while it is powered on.
- Skip “PC Companion Software” prompt on the device screen.
- Download click to launch “runme.bat”.
- [Follow screen instructions] Press any key to continue.
- Complete the process to install busybox and SuperUser.
- Reboot your device and you should have root access gained.
- Download root checker to check your root status.