October 13th, 2013
Easy One Click Root Huawei Ascend P6 Android 4.2.2
Huawei Ascend P6 is the thinnest smartphone in the world with only 6.2mm thickness. Huawei claimed Ascend P6 is one of the most competitive rival against iPhone in term of build quality and specification. Emm.. It could be right!? Anyhow, if you have one Huawei Ascend P6 on hand, we would like to share you a good news, root guide for Huawei Ascend P6 is now available. I love this root method as it is the most easiest way I ever seen with only ONE click.
The tool we going to use is eroot, which is a generic root tool for many other devices, compiled and developed by China developers. The root method is extremely easy and simple. It takes less than one minute to root your device, with all your pre-requisites fulfilled. The root method works for Huawei Ascend P6 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean which is stock firmware out of the box.
Huawei Ascend P6 is one of the flagship smartphone of Huawei in 2013. It has the slimmest body with only 6.2mm. It was equipped with 1.5GHz quad core Huawei K3V2 processor with 2GB RAM. It has a 4.7 inch 1280 x 720 resolution IPS display, 8MP rear camera shooter and 5MP front facing camera, 2000mAh battery, microSD card and USB on-the-go support. It runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS out of the box.
How To Root Huawei Ascend P6 Android 4.2.2
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Huawei Ascend P6 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Huawei USB driver for Windows and install in your computer. Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation. Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest your backup before flashing. Perform wipe data only if you face problem after flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Download and extract 华为 Ascend P6 ROOT工具.zip in a folder in computer. You should see eroot.exe.
- Power on your device.
- Ensure you have enable the USB debugging mode. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices
- Ensure you have all USB drivers ready. Huawei USB driver for Windows
- Double click and launch eroot.exe on PC.
- Connect your device to computer. If you are first timer, let’s PC to install all the drivers automatically before proceed.
- Once your device is connected and ready, you should see screen below.
- Press 一键root (One Click Root) button.
- Wait your device to proceed rooting.
- Once you see all the round boxes are ticked, then your root process is finished.
- You should now have your root access on your device.
- Try to restart your device before check the root status.
- Download root checker to check your root status.