October 13th, 2013
Root Sony Xperia Z1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Sony Xperia Z1 is just officially unveiled by Sony in this week and yet many countries were still waiting for the arrival of the 20.7MP flagship model. Nevertheless, for those who already get your Xperia Z1, you must be busy testing the exclusive features in your device especially the 20.7MP rear camera that being the selling point of Xperia Z1. According to Cnet, the larger the sensor, the more light can be taken in, which gives better clarity on the photo especially in the low-light condition. Besides, Sony Xperia Z1 is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad core processor with clock speed up to 2.2GHz.
Nevertheless, with all powerful features embedded in Sony Xperia Z1, we are expecting a faster battery drain issue may occur even without installing any additional application on the device. This is normally happened on high end smartphone whereby 24 hours of moderate usage of the device can be achieved. Installation of custom kernel/rom on your device is another story which will gives you optimized performance and better battery life. By modifying the system, you can eventually eliminate unwanted bloatware on your device which consume much of the battery during idle.
However, all the benefits mentioned above can only be achieved by rooting your Xperia Z1. It is to gain full access to your phone system to perform customization and improvement. Should you be interested in the benefit of rooting, refer to our How to Root guide where comprehensive explanation is provided. Once you are ready to go, proceed to the next section to get your device prepared for the rooting process.
Sony Xperia Z1 is the flagship model of Sony in the 3rd quarter of year 2013. Being the successor of Sony Xperia Z, Xperia Z1 is running a more powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad core processor with clock speed of 2.2GHz and being one of the fastest smartphone in the market. Besides, Sony Xperia Z1 also equipped with a 20.7MP rear camera that outstand its competitor with conventional 13MP camera on the back. A high megapixel camera will definitely produce a better quality of photos. Worth to mention that Sony Xperia Z1 is another products with IP5X which is dust proof and water resistant.
How To Root Sony Xperia Z1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Sony Xperia Z1 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Sony Xperia Z1 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest your backup before flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Vroot (VRoot_126.96.36.19989_english.exe | 5MB)
- Download Vroot from the link in Download section.
- Install the software by double click on the downloaded exe file. You shall see a icon on the desktop after installation.
- Activate the software by clicking on the icon at the desktop.
- Now, connect your device to computer via micro USB cable.
- Wait for the software to detect your device. You shall see the device’s model on the software windows when your device is detected.
- Click on the green button on the windows to start rooting process.
- It takes few minute to complete the rooting process.
- Once the process completes, you shall also see a “Tick” on the software,
- Your phone shall reboot automatically.
- Please be patient. The whole process may take several minutes.
- Download Root Checker in Google Play to check the root status.