October 13th, 2013
Root Galaxy S2 Plus Android 4.2.2 and Install CWM Touch
Back in few days ago, Samsung was started to update Galaxy S II Plus to Android 4.2.2. Galaxy S2 plus is one of the earliest device in 2012 to receive Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware while Samsung’s flagship devices like Galaxy SIII and Note II yet to receive. Now, custom recovery, ClockWorkMod Touch Recovery (CWM) is available to Galaxy S2 Plus. Root is also available after install the custom recovery. We hope we bring your exciting news here to root your Galaxy SII Plus.
In this tutorial, you will have custom recovery (CWM Touch) being installed and also gain root access eventually. This method works for Galaxy S2 Plus with latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware update. The whole process is easy and simple and take nearly 5 to 10 mins. Please make sure you understand what your are going to do. Check out out post on benefits of root before start and make up your mind.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus is Galaxy S2 enhance version in 2012. It features with 4.3 inches 800×480 Super AMOLED Plus display, 1.2GHz dual core Broadcom BC28155 processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, 64GB expandable storage and 8MP rear camera. It is running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out of the box. It can be upgraded to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Features on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus
True that Android 4.2.2 should experience faster and smoother buttery effect of Jelly Bean and we believe so. In the Android 4.2.2 change log, it is expected to have improved toggle buttons in notification bar, lock screen widget, TouchWiz enhancement (Similar features in Galaxy S4), daydream screensaver mode, and overall improvements.
How To Root Galaxy S2 Plus on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus USB driver for Windows and install in your computer. Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation. Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: Install CWM Touch and Root will not erase your date but we always suggest your backup before flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Samsung Odin3.07 (Odin3.07.zip, 1.15MB)
- Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus CWM Touch Recovery (Jerry_recovery.tar.md5, 10.08MB) – Source
- SuperUser package (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.43.zip, 1.044MB)
- Download and extract Odin3.07.zip in a folder in computer.
- Download Jerry_recovery.tar.md5 in a folder in computer.
- Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.43.zip into your device (internal storage).
- Power off your device.
- Enter Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button.
- You should see a warning triangle sign, press Volume Up to continue.
- You should see Odin Mode at the top and Downloading… , Do not turn off target!!
- Launch Odin executable file by double-clicking on Odin3 v3.07 exe.
- Connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
- Wait until Odin to show an “Added” message at the lower-left message box.
- Remove extension *.md5 from the file name if you not able to add the recovery file.
- After your device is detected by Odin, click on the PDA button and select the Jerry_recovery.tar.md5.
- Make sure the Repartition and F.Reset Time option is not checked under Options & checked on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash Jerry_recovery.tar.md5 to your device. Monitor the flash progress on Odin.
- A green “PASS” message should show for a success flashing.
- Your device shall reboot automatically.
- You shall notice of the yellow triangle during the boot up. Fear not, just proceed to next step.
- Turn off your device now.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home Button and Power button to enter CWM Touch Recovery.
- In Recovery main menu, select the install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard, browse to folder location and select the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.43.zip and click Yes to install.
- After the installation completes, go back to recovery’s main menu.
- Select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- Your device shall be rooted now.
- Download root checker to check your root status.