October 13th, 2013
HTC One: Update to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Finally it’s time for HTC One to join the Android 4.2.2 party with other flagship devices. HTC One is the first among HTC device to receive stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. There are plenty of exclusive features in Android 4.2.2 especially enhanced notification panel, multiple widget lock screen, additional camera features and more. You can only feel the improved performance of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean running on your HTC One with the update.
It is known that HTC rolling out 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update in batch according to different region. For those who Globe version or Asia Taiwan version of HTC One, you shall receive the update notification to upgrade to the latest Jelly Bean firmware. If the notification never arrive, you can still manually update to 4.2.2 Jelly Bean by following our guide below.
In order to avoid any issues after flashing stock 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your device, you must make sure a correct firmware to be downloaded. If your device is S-ON, your modelid (example: PN0710000) and cidnum (example: HTC_001) must match the firmware.zip version you are about to flash. Refer to the download section for more information.
HTC One is HTC’s flagship device in 2013 with 1.7GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor and 2GB RAM. It is the second 4.7 inch full HD display (1920 x 1080p) device from HTC after HTC Butterfly. It comes with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware and upgradable to Android 4.2.
How To Update Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware on HTC One
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start.(HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- HTC One – with stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download HTC One USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: Ensure you make a backup before proceed. Besides that, ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
1. For x.xx.401.x – World Wide English (WWE)
Stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware (2.24.401.1.zip | 40.23MB)
2. For x.xx.709.x – Asia TW (Taiwan)
Stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware (2.24.709.1.zip | 40.22MB)
- Download and extract Mini SDK into a folder in computer. Renamed folder to mini-sdk.
- Copy the downloaded Stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware zip file to the mini-sdk folder. Renamed the zip file to firmware.zip.
- Power off your device by press and hold Power button.
- Boot your device into HBoot Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key and Power button.
- Navigate and select Fastboot with Volume Up and Down button and use Power button to select.
- Connect your device to computer.
- In computer, open Command Prompt windows. (To Open Command Prompt –>Windows Logo–> Type CMD in search box –>Enter)
- Type cd C:\mini-sdk in the command prompt windows to navigate to your mini-sdk folder.
- Type fastboot getvar all to retrieve modelid and cidnum of your device.
- Type fastboot oem lock to relock the bootloader if you have unlock it before. For stock firmware users, skip this step.
- Type fastboot oem rebootRUU and wait for device to reboot.
- Type fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for the flashing process to complete. If you face problem after this step, consider to flash again by typing fastboot flash zip firmware.zip.
- Type fastboot reboot to reboot your device.
- It’s take longer time to boot up for the first time, so wait patiently.