October 19th, 2014
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
Great, how to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is now available. Late? Wait! This root method is applicable to the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy S3 Mini coded XXAME1 for GT-i8190 version and XXAMG1 for GT-i8190N version. Galaxy S3 GT-i8190 is international version while GT-i8190N is Galaxy S3 mini with NFC version. Ensure you check probably before you flash the root files. Best thing about this root method is flash binary counter is remain identical after flashing, in short, your warranty doesn’t void.
Apparently, quite some ways you can root the Samsung Galaxy S3 mini but we have selected the easiest way for you. As a early reminder to you, root for Galaxy S3 guide below is ONLY applicable to GT-i8190 international version and GT-i8190N, it doesn’t support GT-i8190T and GT-i8190L. In this tutorial, you need to download a file and flash it. Bear in mind to select correct file for your device model. The root tutorial is very simple and fast. The whole process takes only 15 to 30 minutes to complete. However, ensure you are clear what you going to do to gain the root access. Check out our post regarding the benefits of root before start and if you still have doubt to begin. Drop your message if it is not working for you.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is one of the medium range smartphone device from Samsung after release of Samsung Galaxy S3. It has a 4.0” (800×480) Super AMOLED display. It is equipped by 1.0GHz dual coreCortex-A9 processor, 1GB RAM, 5MP front and VGA front camera. It comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware out of the box.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini i8190 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini i8190 and I8190N (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest you do a factory reset if you face problem after flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Rooted Android 4.1.2 XXAME1 for GT-I8190 (I8190XXAME1_I8190OXXAME2_rooted.zip | 656MB) – Source
- Rooted Android 4.1.2 XXAMG1 for GT-I8190N (rooted_I8190NXXAMG1.7z | 554MB) – Source
Modem : I8190NXXAMG1
CSC : I8190NOXAAMG1
- Download and extract Odin3.07.zip in a folder in computer.
- Ensure you select the correct zip for your device.
- Download the correct firmware and use 7z to extract *.zip or *.7z to get *.tar or *tar.md5 in a folder in computer.
- Power off your device.
- Enter Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button.
- You should see a warning triangle sign, press Volume Up to continue.
- You should see Odin Mode at the top and Downloading… , Do not turn off target!!
- Launch Odin executable file by double-clicking on Odin3 v3.07 exe.
- Connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
- Wait until Odin to show an “Added” message at the lower-left message box.
- After your device is detected by Odin, click on the PDA button and select the *.tar or *.tar.md5.
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & checked on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash *.tar or *.tar.md5 to your device. Monitor the flash progress on Odin.
- A green “PASS” message should show for a success flashing.
- Your device shall reboot automatically.
- If you fail to flash *.tar.md5 firmware, remove the extension of *.md5 with only *.tar and try to re-flash again.
- Try reboot your device for several times manually before use.
- Download Root Checker to check your device root status.