October 13th, 2013
How to Root LG Optimus L5 E Series
(Update) Root Optimus L5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now available. Frankly speaking that LG Oprimus L5 is not the mainstream smartphone as compared to others flagship such as LG Optimus G Pro, but yet it deserves more than what it get now. With a little helps from 3rd party developers, your LG Optimus L5 should be improved of its performance, achieved better battery life and provided more tweak and mod to play with. Thanks to XxXKINGMALXxX, XDA developer who strive for a better LG Optimus L5 for you. Now, LG Optimus L5 is rootable with a simple 1-2-3 steps. This tutorial is made based on LG Optimus L5 E610/E612/E615/E617. Other than those listed, kindly consult us.
Nevertheless, there is still a certain level of risk to brick your device during the rooting process. We always recommend to perform a complete backup before any modification on your device. Be sure to fulfill all of the pre-requisites and requirements before starts. If you having any problem during or after the root, feel free to drop us a message in the comment section, we will look into the problem for you. Before we start, let’s recap of LG Optimus L5 specifications.
LG Optimus L5 E615 is officially unveiled in September 2012 and it is the mid range smartphone in LG Optimus series. LG Optimus L5 is equipped with 800MHz dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage with expandable microSD card slot up to 32GB. It comes with Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware.
How To Root LG Optimus L5 E610/E612/E615/E617
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start.(HTC,Samsung,LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- LG Optimus L5 – E610/E612/E615/E617 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download LG Optimus L5 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: Ensure you make a backup before proceed. Besides that, ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Root Package (My_Root_Package.7z, 3.71MB) – Source
- System Backup Test (IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk, 153.7KB)
- Go to Google Play Store, download and install “ASTRO FILE MANAGER”.
- On your phone, go to “System Settings”—> “Security”—> “Enable Unknown Sources”. This step is to enable the installation of apk file in later part of the tutorial.
- Connect your device to the computer via micro USB cable. Make sure you select Media sync (MTP) on your device.
- Copy the downloaded IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk in the root of your device directory.
- Now, open ASTRO FILE MANAGER on your device, go to “My Files 2” or “Local Storage 2” and tap on IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk to install.
- After installation completes, go to Settings->General->PC connection->USB connection type to change USB connection type to “Charge only”.
- Open the app you just installed, you should see a new icon appeared in device’s home screen. You will see a message “Hello World”.
- Reboot your device by press and hold the Power Button for at least 15 seconds. Reminder: to keep the app open while rebooting.
- In the meanwhile, Download and extract the My_Root_Package.7z into a new folder in desktop on your computer. You should see root.bat in the folder.
- Once your device reboot completely, double click on the root.bat file on your computer.
- After the root process complete, reboot your device.
- Superuser app is now installed in your device. Your device will be completely rooted.
- Download Root Checker in Google Play to check the root status.