October 13th, 2013
How to Root LG G2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
LG G2 finally makes it appearance in public after much rumor widely spread in the web. It is another powerful flagship model from Korean Giant LG which stunning the world with brand-new concept to have all physical buttons embedded on the back of the device. Not many people will appreciate the changes made by LG but indeed it is another venture in the mobile industry. Despite of the outstanding design, LG G2 also equipped with the latest Snapdragon 800 processor with clocked speed up to 2.26GHz. It means a lot to conventional user but may not enough to a flasholic like you and me.
In this tutorial, we will guide you how to root your LG G2. Your device will be eventually rooted with SuperSU and Busybox installed. The whole process is simple and fast. It takes only 15 to 30 minutes to complete. However, ensure you are clear what you going to do to gain the root access. Check out our post regarding the benefits of root before start and if you still have doubt to begin. This tutorial has been testified working. Drop your message if it is not working for you.
We provide the complete tutorial for you to root LG G2 on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean stock firmware. Remember to backup your data in the device to avoid data lose during flashing process. Keep in mind that a single step might brick your device, so follow the tutorial step-by-step. If you in doubt, do not hesitate to leave us a message.
LG G2 is the flagship model of LG in the third quarter of 2013. LG G2 is equipped with powerful quad core 2.26GHz Krait 400 Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB RAM, 32/64GB internal storage without micro-SD expansion, 13MP rear camera & 2.1MP front camera, 5.2 inches Full HD display. It is also featuring a 3000mAh battery which give you more entertaining time with your LG G2.
How To Root LG G2 on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start.(HTC,Samsung,LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- LG G2 – Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download LG G2 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: Ensure you make a backup before proceed. Besides that, ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- LG G2 Root Package (LG G2 Root.rar | 4.0MB)
- Download LG G2 Root.rar to your computer.
- Extract the zip file into a folder.
- Ensure you have enabled USB Debugging and enable “Unknown Sources” in Settings->Security->Unknown Sources on your device.
- Connect your device to computer while it is powered on.
- Driver will be installed automatically when your device connect to computer.
- Within the extracted folder, double click to launch Root LG G2.exe.
- [Follow screen instructions] Press any key to continue.
- Complete the process to install busybox and SuperUser.
- Reboot your device when the script finish execution and you should have root access gained.
- Download root checker to check your root status.