October 13th, 2013
How to Root LG Optimus L7 II P710/P713/P714/P715 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
One must admit that LG is getting more and more famous with its stunning and powerful mobile devices that being released recently. One of them is the LG G2 with brand-new concept of getting all physical button on the back of the device. The specification is much similar to the latest flagship of other popular brand such as Samsung, Sony & HTC. Nevertheless, the official support on extend development on LG devices is still limited as well as from third party developers. As you are seeking for root method of LG Optimus L7 II, this may be the one that you looking for.
In order to avoid any trouble during the rooting process, we highly recommend you to read the pre-requisite and requirements section and do exactly what is told. This might helps to reduce the cases whereby your device is bricked because of a wrong step or you did not follow the steps. If you are facing any problem preparing your device, you are welcomed to drop us a message.
We always prepare the easier tutorial for you to root LG Optimus L7 II without any hesitation. If you in doubt of any single step in this tutorial, please stop and ask. From here, we ask for your favour to feedback to us if this tutorial is working or not working. We shall update to make sure this guide works for you.
LG Optimus L7 II is the successor of LG Optimus L7 which have better hardware specification. LG Optimus L7 II is officially unveild in February 2013 and available in the market in March 2013. LG Optimus L7 II is running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out of the box and powered by dual core 1GHz Cortex A5 Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon processor. It also featuring a 4.3 inch 800×480 pixels IPS LCD display, 4GB internal storage, SD card expansion up to 32GB, 768MB RAM, 8MP rear camera and VGA front camera.
How To Root LG Optimus L7 II on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start.(HTC,Samsung,LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- LG Optimus L7 II – P710/P713/P714/P715 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download LG Optimus L7 II USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: Ensure you make a backup before proceed. Besides that, ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Browse this webpage using your device.
- Download Framaroot apk file into your device.
- Go to Menu—>Download, locate the Frameroot apk file.
- Press on Frameroot apk file in the Download folder. A pop-out windows ask for confirmation, press confirm/yes to proceed with Framaroot installation.
- Once Framaroot successfully installed on your device, you shall find Framaroot icon in the Menu.
- Press on Framaroot icon in Menu to launch the app.
- In Framaroot user interface, choose Aragorn exploits within the list of exploits.
- You shall now receive a exploit results: “Success … Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device”
- If you receive any of the following exploit results, please consult us.
- “Failed … Exploit work but installation of Superuser and su binary have failed”
- “Half-Success :-/ … system partition is read-only, use local.prop trick. Reboot your device and use adb to see if it run as root”, happen when the filesystem in use on system partition is a read only filesystem (ex: squashfs)
- “Failed … Try another exploit if available”
- After the process completes, you may reboot your device.
- Download root checker to check your root status.