October 13th, 2013
How to Root Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 guideline is now available in Androidteen. This guide is only applicable to Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210 & SM-T210R model and please do not try on other devices. Thanks to Jamison904, XDA Recognized Developer who have released a flashable root package for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 device. You can easily flash it through Odin software. As this is not stock firmware released by Samsung and modified by third party developer, by flashing this firmware on your device will eventually void the warranty.
Before start, we always recommend you to read through the pre-requisites & requirements in the below section to have your device prepared for the rooting process. This is an essential steps as single step away from the guide may leads to permanent brick of your device. If you are in doubt of any steps in this tutorial, feel free to drop us a message. For those who having problem after flashing, contact us to solve the problem before mark this post as not working. We share only the working guide in our website.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is one of the medium range tablet device from Samsung after release of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. It has a 7.0” (1024×600) TFT display. It is equipped by 1.2GHz dual core processor, 1GB RAM, 3.15MP rear and 1.3MP front camera. It comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware out of the box.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
We have total 3 ways to update your devices officially. They are update via OTA (Over-The-Air), update via Samsung Kies and manual update via Samsung Odin. Update via OTA and Samsung Kies are the easiest ways for update yet you have to wait the release from Samsung (It could takes up to a month of waiting). Manual update with Odin is the fastest way to get latest update yet need some additional manual installation steps. We will cover all 3 update methods in our tutorial.
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 – SM-T210 & SM-T210R (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer. Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation. Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: Firmware upgrade should not delete your device data yet you may experience inconsistent performance after upgrade. Optionally, we recommend you to make a backup and do a clean upgrade. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Root Package (prerooted.tar.md5 | 1.13 GB)
- Download and extract Odin3.07.zip in a folder in computer.
- Download prerooted.tar.md5 in computer.
- Power off your device.
- Enter Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button.
- You should see a warning triangle sign, press Volume Up to continue.
- You should see Odin Mode at the top and Downloading… , Do not turn off target!!
- Launch Odin executable file by double-clicking on Odin3 v3.07 exe.
- Connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
- Wait until Odin to show an “Added” message at the lower-left message box.
- After your device is detected by Odin, click on the PDA button and select the *.tar or *.tar.md5.
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & checked on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash *.tar or *.tar.md5 to your device. Monitor the flash progress on Odin.
- A green “PASS” message should show for a success flashing.
- Your device shall reboot automatically.
- Upgrade is complete. (Check device firmware – Go to Settings -> About Device –> Android & Baseband version)
- If you fail to flash *.tar.md5 firmware, remove the extension of *.md5 with only *.tar and try to re-flash again.
- Download Root Checker to verify your root status.