October 13th, 2013
How To Root Galaxy Tab 2 7 Android 4.2.2
How to root Galaxy Tab 2 7 on Android 4.2.2 guide is now available in Android Teen. In this root guide, you can root both P3110 WiFi and P3100 GSM Galaxy Tab 2. This root method is applicable to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy Tab 2 7 coded XXDMH1 and XXDMG6. This could not be the easiest way to root Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy Tab 2 7, but it is the latest working way you can gain back your root access. If you have yet to update, update now if you are Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 user or P3110 user.
Method above is applicable for those Galaxy Tab 2 7 with latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware.it is proven working and wish it works on your Galaxy Tab 2 7 device too. Ensure you select the correct recovery during the root process. Incorrect recovery version could brick your device, in this post, we will use either P3110 recovery or P3100 recovery.
The root tutorial is very simple and fast. The whole process takes only 10 to 15 minutes to complete. However, ensure you are clear what you going to do to gain the root access. Check out our post regarding the benefits of root before start and if you still have doubt to begin. Drop your message if it is not working for you.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 P3110 or P3100 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest you do a factory reset if you face problem after flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Odin1.85 zip
- Recovery for P3110 Galaxy Tab 2 7 WiFi model (recoveryP3110.tar.md5 | 7MB)
- Recovery for P3100 Galaxy Tab 2 7 GSM model (recoveryP3100.tar.md5 | 7MB)
- Root pacakage (root.zip, 1MB)
- Download and extract Odin1.85.zip in a folder in computer.
- Ensure you select the correct *.tar.md5 for your device.
- Copy Root.zip into your device’s External SDcard with USB cable.
- Power off your device.
- Enter Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button.
- You should see a warning triangle sign, press Volume Up to continue.
- You should see Odin Mode at the top and Downloading… , Do not turn off target!!
- Launch Odin executable file by double-clicking on Odin v1.85 exe.
- Connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
- Wait until Odin to show an “Added” message at the lower-left message box.
- After your device is detected by Odin, click on the PDA button and select the *.tar or *.tar.md5.
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & checked on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash *.tar or *.tar.md5 to your device. Monitor the flash progress on Odin.
- A green “PASS” message should show for a success flashing.
- Your device shall reboot automatically.
- If you fail to flash *.tar.md5 firmware, remove the extension of *.md5 with only *.tar and try to re-flash again.
- Reboot to Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up key, Home button, and Power button.
- You should now enter recovery mode.
- In Recovery, select the install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from external sdcard, browse to folder location and select the root.zip and click Yes to install.
- Go back to Recovery home and reboot system now.
- You should have root access on your device now. Download Root Checker to check your device root status.