October 13th, 2013
How To Root Galaxy Star S5282
How To Root Galaxy Star S5282 guide is now available with Android Teen. The Galaxy Star is supporting dual sim with model S5282. This root method is applicable to dual Sim support S5282 model only. It does not support S5280 model. Do not try this method on other models of Galaxy Star. Big thanks to the developers who focus development job on Galaxy Star, a entry Android smartphone. Check out the root guide below and happy rooting.
In this tutorial, we will use a pre-rooted Galaxy Start firmware to install on your Galaxy Star S5282 model. Thanks to Chirtagh who created the pre root firmware which ease and simplify the whole root process. Through the process, your data will not be removed but we always recommend you to make a backup before start. The root process is very simple and straightforward. The pre-rooted firmware is based on baseband S5282DDAMF1 with build number S5282 XXAMF4. It has been proven working and all honor credits to Chirtagh, you can give him a thumb up in Xda.
Samsung Galaxy Star is a entry level Android smartphone with 1GHz Cortex-A5 processor, 512MB, 4GB ROM with 32 extendable storage. It has a 3 inch 320 x 240 display screen with dual sim support. It was a nice budget phone in overall. It runs Android 4.1.2 out of the box.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Star S5282
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy Star S5282 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy Star USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest you do a factory reset if you face problem after flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Odin3.07 (Odin3.07.zip | 1.2MB)
- Prerooted firmware for Galaxy Star S5282 (PREROOTED_FIRMWARE.zip | 450MB) – Source
- Download and extract Odin3.07.zip in a folder in computer.
- Download and extract PREROOTED_FIRMWARE.zip to get pre_rooted_system.tar in a folder in computer.
- Power off your device.
- Enter Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button.
- You should see a warning triangle sign, press Volume Up to continue.
- You should see Odin Mode at the top and Downloading… , Do not turn off target!!
- Launch Odin executable file by double-clicking on Odin3 v3.07 exe.
- Connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
- Wait until Odin to show an “Added” message at the lower-left message box.
- After your device is detected by Odin, click on the PDA button and select the pre_rooted_system.tar.
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & checked on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash pre_rooted_system.tar to your device. Monitor the flash progress on Odin.
- A green “PASS” message should show for a success flashing.
- Your device shall reboot automatically. Try reboot your device for several times if you have inconsistent performance after flashing.
- Download Root Checker to check your device root status.