October 13th, 2013
Galaxy S2 I9100: Update Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XWLSS Stock Firmware
Update 25 Aug 2013: South Africa region is receiving Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100 model. The PDA version is XWLSS and CSC is OJCLS4. Both Kies and OTA update should be available for you. Check out also our manual installation guide. Good luck!
Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 had been officially released back in March 2013. As usual, Samsung will distribute the official Android update to different regions by batch. From the latest news, Samsung Galaxy S II Jelly Bean stock firmware I9100XWLSS is now available in Europe region such as Slovenia, Hungary, Slovakia, France (NRJ), United Kingdom/Ireland, Croatia, Bulgaria, Romania and Spain. You may find this update via Samsung Kies or Over-The-Air (OTA).
Nevertheless, some of the Galaxy S2 users might not receive the update notification in both method above. Fear not as you can still manually update to the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy S II. It might need a certain level of knowledge to perform this task. By following the tutorial below, you must understand and know exactly what is going to happen on your device. It is safe to perform manual update on Samsung device as long as every single steps is followed. Now, let’s check out the manual installation tutorial below.
Samsung Galaxy S2 is Samsung flagship smartphone in 2011 with 4.3 inches 800×480 Super AMOLED display, Samsung Cortex Dual-Core 1.2GHz processor, 1GB RAM, 16/32GB internal storage and 8MP rear camera. It is running Android 2.3.4 Ice cream sandwich out of the box. It can be upgraded to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
New Features on Android 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Samsung’s S Cloud services
- New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
- New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
- Free 50GBDropbox Storage
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- Google Now
Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XWLSS Stock Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy S2 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest your backup before flashing. Perform wipe data only if you face problem after flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Samsung Odin3 v1.85 (Odin3_v1.85.zip, 199KB).
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 (I9100XWLSS_I9100XEULS4_XEU.zip | 550.6 MB)
- PDA: I9100XWLSS
- CSC: I9100XEULS4
- MODEM: I9100XXMS2
- Region: Slovenia, Hungary, Slovakia, France (NRJ), United Kingdom/Ireland, Croatia, Bulgaria, Romania, Spain
- Carrier: Branded
- Build Date: 22 Apr 2013
- South Africa Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 (I9100XWLSS_I9100OJCLS4_XFA.zip | 562.2 MB)
- PDA: I9100XWLSS
- CSC: I9100OJCLS4
- MODEM: I9100XXMS2
- Region: South Africa
- Download and extract Odin3-v1.85.zip to get Odin3 v1.85.exe in a folder in computer.
- Download and extract I9100XWLSS_I9100XEULS4_XEU.zip to get *.tar or *tar.md5 in a folder in a computer.
- Power off your device.
- Enter Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button.
- You should see a warning triangle sign, press Volume Up to continue.
- You should see Odin Mode at the top and Downloading… , Do not turn off target!!
- Launch Odin executable file by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe.
- Connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
- Wait until Odin to show an “Added” message at the lower-left message box.
- After your device is detected by Odin, click on the PDA button and select the *.tar or *.tar.md5.
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & checked on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash ***.tar.md5 to your device. Monitor the flash progress on Odin.
- A green “PASS” message should show for a success flashing.
- Your device shall reboot automatically.
- Wait patiently for the first time boot up.