October 13th, 2013
Update Xperia S to Jelly Bean Android 4.1.2 Leaked Firmware [Fully Working]
It is sad to hear that Sony pulled back Jelly Bean updates on Sony Xperia S. It is way too late for the official Jelly Bean update on Sony Xperia which has been promised by Sony. Yet, the fully working leaked Jelly Bean Firmware is available for manual update. In this leaked android 4.1.2 (6.2.B.0.197) firmware, it has been tested with fully working features although it is not an official Jelly Bean firmware. From the user feedback, it is as good as ICS official firmware and is recommended to use as daily driver. We have prepared a tutorial below to guide you how to manual update Sony Xperia S to the leaked Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware.
New Features on Android 4.1.2 Sony Xperia S
- Updated Sony Walkman App, Sony Album, Sony Movies
- Jelly Bean lock screen
- Added customizable home screen widgets
- Added recent apps button in application drawers
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Improved with buttery project Jelly Bean performance
Update Sony Xperia S to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Leaked Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Bootloader unlocked Sony Xperia S LT26i or LT26ii with 6.1.A.2.55 ICS stock ROM firmware, it will not works for custom ROM Xperia S (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Sony Xperia S USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest your backup and make a clean wipe before flashing. Do a factory reset if you face problem after flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Android 4.1.2 Leaked Jelly Bean Firmware for Sony Xperia S (LT26i_DooMLoRD_leak_JB-197.zip | 471 MB)
- Unlock Sony Xperia S bootloader (Unlock it at Sony Mobile official Page)
- Download and extract LT26i_DooMLoRD_leak_JB-197.zip to get boot.img in a folder in a computer.
- Besides that, copy LT26i_DooMLoRD_leak_JB-197.zip into your device internal storage with USB cable of wirelessly.
- We need to flash the boot.img file in fastboot mode before we flash the ROM.
- Setup fastboot in your computer if you do not have it. (How to setup ADB and Fastboot driver with Android SDK)
- Power off your device.
- Enter Fastboot Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Up button and connect to computer with USB cable.
- Wait until you see blue LED light up.
- In computer, open Command Prompt windows. (To OpenCommand Prompt –> Windows Logo–> Type CMD in search box –>Enter)
- Type cd C:\fastboot in the command prompt windows to navigate to your fastboot folder.
- Type fastboot flash boot boot.img to flash the recovery *.img file to your device.
- Type fastboot reboot-bootloader and fastboot erase cache.
- Press and hold Power button to turn off your device.
- Enter Recovery Mode by pressing and hold Power button, at the same time, keep pressing Volume Down button continuously until you see the recovery screen.
- In Recovery home menu, optionally to perform a full Wipe Data/Factory Reset to avoid crashing and ROM compatibility issue.
- Back to Recovery home menu, perform Wipe Cache Partition and select Yes to confirm.
- Back to Recovery home menu, select advanced and perform Wipe Dalvik Cache and select Yes to confirm.
- Back to Recovery home menu, select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard.
- Select LT26i_DooMLoRD_leak_JB-197.zip and click Yes to install.
- Wait patiently for the first time boot up.
- Device will continue to reboot, wait patiently again.
- You should see flashing firmware on the device screen.
- Manual reboot your device to stabilize.