October 13th, 2013
Root LG Optimus L5 II Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Being the successor of LG Optimus L5, LG Optimus L5 II has a more powerful processor of 1GHz and higher display resolution of 800×480 pixels as compared to 800MHz and 480×320 pixels. However, with the same internal storage of 4GB on both devices, LG Optimus L5 II has merely 1.4GB user available storage while 2.5GB on Optimus L5. You can expand storage with a microSD card with capacity up to 32GB.Yet, you can only store the music and photo in the microSD card while application will be installed on your device. Despite of the fact of getting a newer device, you are facing the short-in-storage situation whereby microSD expansion is not sufficient.
One of the solution might comes up with rooting of your device. By doing so, you can now transfer some of the application to the microSD card while remain core apps in the device. This is only one of the advantage of getting your Optimus L5 II rooted and yet more benefit of roots are to be exposed to you. Another benefit is to have a complete backup with custom recovery such as ClockWorkMod or TWRP which allows you to backup and restore the whole firmware. You might need to root your device before install the custom recovery.
After getting more knowledge of rooting, we might begin to root LG Optimus L5 II. This method has been tested and proven in XDA forums. The supported Optimus L5 II model includes E450 and E460 whereby E455 is reported as not successfully rooted. This is a one-click-root process and will not damage your device even fail to root. In order to successfully rooted, please make sure you have prepared your device before proceed to Instruction section. Read through and perform as written in Pre-requisite and requirements section.
LG Optimus L5 II is the successor of Optimus L5 which featuring a 4.0 inch IPS LCD display, 800×480 pixels and 233 ppi pixel density. Besides, Optimus L5 II is powered by a 1.0GHz MTK 6575 processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage with microSD expansion up to 32GB. Optimus L5 II also equipped with 5MP 2560×1920 pixels rear camera.
How To Root LG Optimus L5 II E450/E460 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- LG Optimus L5 II E450/E460 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download LG Optimus L5 II USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest your backup before flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Vroot – proceed to mgyun website to download. Press on the red circle to start download.
- Download Root大师 from the link in Download section.
- Install the software by double click on the downloaded exe file. You shall see a icon on the desktop after installation.
- Activate the software by clicking on the icon at the desktop.
- Now, connect your device to computer via micro USB cable.
- Wait for the software to detect your device. You shall see the device’s model on the software windows when your device is detected.
- Click on the green button on the windows to start rooting process.
- It takes few minute to complete the rooting process.
- Once the process completes, you shall also see a “Tick” on the software,
- Your phone shall reboot automatically.
- Please be patient. The whole process may take several minutes.
- Download Root Checker in Google Play to check the root status.