October 13th, 2013
How to S-OFF HTC One S
Good news for HTC One S users as you are one of the lucky user to have your HTC device S-OFF. At this moment, only HTC One S and AT&T HTC One X devices supported for S-OFF feature which is very useful to change cidnum of your device to receive OTA update from different region. With your device being S-OFF, you no longer need to wait for official OTA from your region but to change cidnum to other region to receive their update packages. It sound nice for those who are eager to update their device to the latest Android version.
The tutorial below is to S-OFF your HTC One S on these supported firmware – 3.14.531.11 (T-Mobile), 3.16.666.9 (BM), 220.127.116.11 (TMO_DE) and 3.16.661.4 (Telus). Please do not apply this flashing guide on the non-supported firmware as it might brick your device. For those supported devices, you should follow exactly every steps in the tutorial to avoid any damage to your device. We always recommend to backup everything in your device to an external storage on computer. In case any problem after flashing, you can always restore to stock condition with the backup.
How To S-OFF HTC One S
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start.(HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- HTC One S – stock 3.14.531.11 (T-Mobile), 3.16.666.9 (BM), 18.104.22.168 (TMO_DE) or 3.16.661.4 (Telus) firmware (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download HTC One S USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: Ensure you make a backup before proceed. Besides that, ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- HTC One S T MOB 3.14.531.11 (moonshine_ville_3.14.531.11.zip – 20.0 MB)
- HTC One S Telus 3.16.661.4 (moonshine_ville_3.16.661.4.zip – 20.1 MB)
- HTC One S BM 3.16.666.9 (moonshine_ville_3.16.666.9.zip – 20.0 MB)
- HTC One S TMO_DE 22.214.171.124 (moonshine_ville_126.96.36.199.zip – 20.1 MB)
- Make sure HTC Sync software is uninstalled from your computer.
- All other phone software also disabled or removed. (Samsung Kies, PDANet, etc)
- Fastboot disabled on your device (Settings—>Battery—>Uncheck “fastboot”)
- Lock screen security is disabled on your device.
- Unlock HTC One S bootloader. Proceed to official HTC Dev website and unlock your device.
- Proceed after you have successfully unlocked the bootloader.
- Setup fastboot in your computer if you do not have it. (How to setup ADB and Fastboot driver with Android SDK)
- Connect your device to computer. Make sure your device is booted into Android.
- Download and extract moonshine S-OFF file into a folder in computer.
- Double click on the distiller.exe within the extracted folder.
- A prompt-out windows will appear and agree to the terms and conditions to proceed.
- Flashing process is executing and wait until the script completely run.
- Reminder, your device will be reboot several times during the process.
- Once the script completed, press and hold Power button to turn off your device.
- Your HTC One S is now S-OFF. Check the status in hboot mode by pressing and hold Volume Down and Power button with your device turned off.