October 19th, 2014
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
(Update: Root guide for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 has been updated with workable solution) Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is one of the giant smartphone from Samsung. Samsung likes big and everybody loves, I assume. Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is a typical mid range smartphone and comes with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. Great news for all Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 users, rooting method for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is now available. As we know, Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 comes with 3G (GT-I9200) and LTE (GT-I9205) version. In this entry, we will provided you a complete root guidance on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3.
In this tutorial,
we will need to install custom recovery which is the very first step before we root the device. The available custom recovery for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is CWM (ClockWorkMod) Touch Recovery. we will guide you to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 without installing CWM custom recovery. We yet to the wait for workable custom recovery to be released by android developers. This root method is available for both I9200 and I9205 LTE Galaxy Mega 6.3. The whole process is simple and fast. It takes only 15 to 30 minutes to complete. However, ensure you are clear what you going to do to gain the root access. Check out our post regarding the benefits of root before start and if you still have doubt to begin.
Please take note:
Root and custom recovery are only available for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE GT-I9205 version. We will update the post to cover Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 GSM version as well once it is available.
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is equipped with 1.7GHz dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor and 1.5GB RAM. It also comes with 8/16GB internal storage with SD card expansion up to 64GB, 8MP rear camera and 1.9MP front camera, 6.3 inches 1280×720 TFT display and 3200mAh battery size. Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware out of the box.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start.(HTC,Samsung,LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 and GT-I9205 LTE (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: Ensure you make a backup before proceed. Ensure follow us with the correct phone model.
In this moment of time, the guidance below is ONLY applicable to LTE GT-I9205 version.Besides that, ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
CWM Touch Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (recovery.tar.md5 | 8.3MB) – SourceVcore root image (vcoreroot-v2.tar | 8.7MB) – Source
- Samsung Odin v3.07 (Odin3.07.zip | 1.18MB)
SuperUser (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip | 1.05MB)
- Download the
CWM Touch custom recoveryVcore root image (from download links above) into a folder in computer. You should see recovery.tar.md5.
- Download and extract Odin3.07.zip into a folder in computer.
- Power off your device.
- Enter Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button.
- You should see a warning triangle sign, press Volume Up to continue.
- You should see Odin Mode at the top and Downloading… , Do not turn off target!!
- Launch Odin executable file by double-clicking on Odin3 v3.07 exe.
- Connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
- Wait until Odin to show an “Added” message at the lower-left message box.
- After your device is detected by Odin, click on the PDA button and select the vcoreroot-v2.tar.
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & checked on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash *.tar
or *.tar.md5to your device. Monitor the flash progress on Odin.
- A green “PASS” message should show for a success flashing.
- Your device shall reboot automatically.
If you fail to flash *.tar.md5 firmware, remove the extension of *.md5 with only*.tar and try to re-flash again. Power off your device. Enter Recovery Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Up key, Home button, and Power button. Navigate and select with Volume Up and Down button and use Power button to select in Recovery home menu. In Recovery home menu, select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard. Select UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip and click Yes to install. Back to Recovery home menu, select reboot system now.
- Your device shall reboot with root installed.
- Download root checker to check your root status OR open your applications drawer and you should see SuperSU is installed.