October 13th, 2013
How To Root Nexus 4 Android 4.3
It has been nearly a week of time to know about Android 4.3. I believe most of the Nexus device users are receiving update notification to update their devices to latest awesome Android 4.3 Jelly Bean official firmware. Root guide for Nexus 4 Android 4.3 is now available in Android Teen. Many ways can be used to root Nexus devices where we are here to select one of the easiest and most reliable way to root your Nexus 4 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. You cannot miss the Android 4.3 update which brings lightning fast and smooth improvement to your Nexus device. You also cannot miss the important root on Nexus 4. Check it out.
In this tutorial, we selected CF-Auto-Root to root Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. This root method is easy and simple to use. Your Nexus 4 can be rooted within 2 minutes with correct steps. It has been proven working by Chainfire, the developer of CF-Auto-Root. With CF-Auto-Root method, you can simply enjoy the very pure stock experience of Jelly Bean on Nexus 4 without major change but with root access added. For your information, CF-Auto-Root will not install any custom recovery for you. You have to manual install custom recovery like CWM Touch or TWRP in order to flash custom ROM. CF-Auto-Root is available for Windows, Mac or Linux OS.
First and foremost, no matter what status of your Nexus 4 before upgrade, we need to check now whether you are still with bootloader unlocked. If your bootloader is locked again after Android 4.3 upgrade, do a backup and prepare to unlock again with CF-Auto-Root tool. You are good to go for rooting if you have bootloader unlocked. For first timer, surely you need to unlock bootloader of your Nexus 4 and unlocking process will erase everything on your Nexus 4. Follow our backup guides below before start. Ok, let’s get started.
Android 4.3 Features On Nexus 4
How To Root Nexus 4 Android 4.3
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Nexus 4 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer. (Installation guide)
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: If you are first timer and Nexus 4 with bootloader locked, you need to make a full backup else you will lose all data. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- CF-Auto-Root for Nexus 4 (CF-Auto-Root-mako-occam-nexus4.zip | 8.0MB)
- Download CF-Auto-Root-mako-occam-nexus4.zip into a folder in computer.
- Extract the downloaded zip file. You should see root-windows.bat. (Choose root-linux.sh for Linux and choose root-mac.sh for Mac)
- Power off your device and boot to fastboot mode.
- Boot up your device into Bootloader Mode by press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power button until Fastboot menu and Start appeared.
- Connect your device to computer.
- For first timer, you should see Windows to install USB driver, let’s the process to complete before proceed. (Ensure you install Android SDK – Installation guide)
- Double click and launch root-windows.bat.
- Read and understand the instructions. First is to unlock bootloader (optional if you have unlocked bootloader) and follow by root.
- Press any key to continue.
- Check on both computer and device screen.
- You should see a red Android logo during rooting.
- Wait device to reboot.
- To check whether you have root access, download root checker below to test.
- Enjoy your rooted Nexus 4 2012.