March 1st, 2015
How to Root LG Optimus L9 P76* Series on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Stock Firmware
(Update) After receiving many negative feedback, here come method 2 to root LG Optimus L9. LG Optimus L9 was receiving Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update recently and push our device to higher level of integration of Android OS to the hardware. It does includes the security enhancement on LG Optimus L9 as well as to bring exclusive Jelly Bean features to the device. Nevertheless, we presume you are looking for something that can further enhance the performance on your device by meant of rooting. Yes, no doubt rooting is the only way to gain full access to the Android system and entitled you the permission to edit. One of the benefit of root is to eliminate the annoying and battery-consumption bloatware installed in your device by carriers in default.
We are always working on our best to present you with the easiest root method that is available in the Android development. We are not expecting everyone to be knowledgeable to perform higher level of modification on your device. However, you may understand exactly the meaning behind every step you going to perform on your device, this helps us to assist you whenever you have problem after flashing. Without any delay, kindly follow the steps below to root LG Optimus L9 on stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
LG Optimus L9 is featuring dual core 1GHz Cortex-A9 processor, 1GB RAM, 4GB ROM with micro SD expandable up to 32GB, 5MP rear camera and VGA front camera, supports 3G connectivity. Besides, these hardware are to be fully utilized on a 4.7 inch 960×540 IPS LCD display to ensure better user experience to the users. Nothing can be done without a powerful battery of 2150mAh on a 125 grams light weight LG Optimus L9.
How To Root LG Optimus L9 P769/P768e/P768/P760 on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Stock Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start.(HTC,Samsung,LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- LG Optimus L9 – P769/P768e/P768/P760 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download LG Optimus L9 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: Ensure you make a backup before proceed. Besides that, ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
Instructions: Method 1
- Before start, you need to install ADB on your computer. How to setup ADB and Fastboot driver with Android SDK.
- Once you have completed the setup, copy adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll from C:\\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools and fastboot.exe in C:\\android-sdk-windows\tools to a new folder at the desktop, renamed it as fastboot.
- Once you have done, you need to ensure your device is rootable by checking the existence of spritebud.
- On computer desktop, press shift+click right on mouse on the fastboot folder. Select open command windows here to open Command Prompt Windows.
- Connect your device to the computer via micro USB cable. Make sure you select PC Software Mode on your device.
- In Command Prompt Windows, type adb shell ls –l /system/xbin/spritebud
- If you get the message “no such file or directory”, your phone is not rootable using this method. Please DO NOT proceed.
- On you device, go to Google Play Store, download and install “ASTRO FILE MANAGER”.
- On your phone, go to “System Settings”—> “Security”—> “Enable Unknown Sources”. This step is to enable the installation of apk file in later part of the tutorial.
- Unplug and connect your device again to the computer via micro USB cable. Make sure this time you select Media sync (MTP) on your device.
- Copy the downloaded LGPwn.apk in the root of your device directory.
- Now, open ASTRO FILE MANAGER on your device, go to “My Files 2” or “Local Storage 2” and tap on LGPwn.apk to install.
- After installation completes, go to Settings->General->PC connection->USB connection type to change USB connection type to “Charge only”.
- Launch LGPwn on your device.
- Press “root me” after you read the popup message.
- When Backup is launched, select Restore –> Internal Storage –> LGPwn. Press OK at the popup about Cross Model Restore.
- Make sure Applications checkbox is checked, then select Continue. Restore process will now processing.
- Once the restore process is complete, reboot your device.
- Go to Google Play Store, download and install SuperSU. Remember to update to the latest binary once SuperSU is installed on your device.
- SuperSU app is now installed in your device. Your device will be completely rooted.
- Download Root Checker in Google Play to check the root status.
Instruction: Method 2
- Download Root大师 from the link in Download section.
- Install the software by double click on the downloaded exe file. You shall see a icon on the desktop after installation.
- Activate the software by clicking on the icon at the desktop.
- Now, connect your device to computer via micro USB cable.
- Wait for the software to detect your device. You shall see the device’s model on the software windows when your device is detected.
- Click on the green button on the windows to start rooting process.
- It takes few minute to complete the rooting process.
- Once the process completes, you shall also see a “Tick” on the software,
- Your phone shall reboot automatically.
- Please be patient. The whole process may take several minutes.
- Download Root Checker in Google Play to check the root status.