October 19th, 2014
How To Root LG Optimus G Pro
Despite of the availability in other part of the World, XDA developers just make LG Optimus G Pro rootable now. The speed of releasing stable root method is always the highlight of XDA. Nevertheless, only AT&T branded LG Optimus G Pro has the privilege to be rooted at this moment. For those who own LG Optimus G Pro in Korean, you might need to wait a bit longer this time. First of all, cheer for AT&T Optimus G Pro users as we are going to show you how to root LG Optimus G Pro using idle0095’s method.
In this tutorial, we shows you the step-by-step guide to root LG Optimus G Pro. If you have no idea of the benefits of root, you might check out our post before start and if you still have doubt to begin. We always ensure you understand the meaning of each simply steps in the tutorial to avoid mistake. One mistake might brick your device in soft or hard way.
LG Optimus G Pro is LG’s flagship device in 2013 with 1.7GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor and 2GB RAM. It is the first 5.5 inch full HD display (1920 x 1080p) device from LG. It comes with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware and upgradable to Android 4.2.
How To Root AT&T LG Optimus G Pro
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start.(HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- LG Optimus G Pro – AT&T (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download LG Optimus G Pro USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: Ensure you make a backup before proceed. Unlock bootloader will erase everything inside your device. Besides that, ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Download and extract ZV9-ZVB-Universal-Root.zip in a folder in a computer.
- Connect your device to the computer via micro USB cable.
- Select “charge only” when your device is detected on the computer. Or change it manually at Settings->General->PC connection->USB connection type.
- In the extracted folder in Step 1, execute CurrentRoot.bat by double click on .bat file. A prompt-out windows appear on your computer, wait for the software to detect your device.
- On your device, go to Settings->General->PC connection->USB connection type, change “Charge Only” to “Media sync (MTP)” mode.
- Once you have changed the USB mode, press any key on the computer to proceed with rooting script running in Prompt-out Windows.
- If you get the message “If uid=0(root), gid=0(root) is displayed”, press any key on your computer to retry the root process.
- Rooting script will repeatedly running and wait until you see the messages “you are now properly Rooted”. While the rooting script running, keep your device’s screen active.
- After your device is successfully root, reboot your device.
- Go to Google Play Store to download and install Superuser.
- Open Superuser in your device, go to “Info” and “tap on check for update”.
- Download Root Checker in Google Play to check the root status.