Galaxy Grand Duos I9082: Update Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMF2 Leaked Firmware
(Updated) Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware is now available. I9082XXUBMF2 leaked firmware is now available for download. SamMobile just received the leaked Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware for our Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 device from the insider. It is out of our expectation that Galaxy Grand Duos will get Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean even earlier than Samsung flagship model such as Galaxy S3 or Note 2. As mentioned, XXUBMF2 is test firmware (not official) and may contains major or minor bugs, test it at your own risk.
With the leaked downloaded firmware package you can manually install it with Samsung Odin. For your information, you can downgrade Android 4.2.2 back to Android 4.1.2 if you do not like it. You do not need custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) or root access to flash this leaked firmware. Let’s check out the manual installation tutorial below.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 international version support dual sim GSM with 5 inch wvga display screen. It empowered by 1.2GHz dual core Samsung Cortex A9 processor, 1GB RAM, 8MP rear and 2MP front facing camera. It comes with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
New Features on Android 4.2.2 Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Grand Duos I9082
- Android 4.2.2
- Transparent notification bar
- Smart Stay
- Light effect by unlocking
- Page Buddy
- Day dream
- Improved battery life
Update Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUMBF2 Leak Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You do not need to wipe your device but we always suggest your backup and make a clean wipe before flashing. Do a factory reset if you face problem after flashing. Ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Grand Duos (I9082XXUBMF2_I9082OXABMF2_OXA.rar | 807.7 MB)
- Download and extract I9082XXUBMF2_I9082OXABMF2_OXA.rar to get *.tar or *tar.md5 and Odin 3.07 in a folder in a computer.
- Power off your device.
- Enter Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button.
- You should see a warning triangle sign, press Volume Up to continue.
- You should see Odin Mode at the top and Downloading… , Do not turn off target!!
- Launch Odin executable file by double-clicking on Odin3.07.exe.
- Connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
- Wait until Odin to show an “Added” message at the lower-left message box.
- After your device is detected by Odin, click on the CODE button and select the CODE_I9082XXUBMF2_871997_REV05_user_mid_noship.tar.md5.
- Click on the CSC button and select the CSC_OXA_I9082OXABMF2_871997_REV05_user_mid_noship.tar.md5.
- Click on the MODEM button and select the MODEM_I9082XXUBMF2_REV05.tar.md5.
- Add baffin.pit to PIT.
- Make sure the Repartition option is
notchecked under Options & checked on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash ***.tar.md5 to your device. Monitor the flash progress on Odin.
- A green “PASS” message should show for a success flashing.
- Your device shall reboot automatically.
- Wait patiently for the first time boot up.