October 13th, 2013
How To Get Android KitKat Launcher On Android Phone
Android 4.4 Kitkat is out on Nexus 5. As we know what’s new on Android 4.4 Kitkat, everyone is looking forward to get Android 4.4 kitkat on their smartphone. So do I. Thanks to the xda developers who has extracted Android 4.4 Kitkat launcher from the latest Nexus 5. You can now try Android 4.4 KitKat launcher in any device with Android 4.1.2 OS and above. Bear in mind, you may see compatibility issue or force close because the kitkat launcher here is not official for your devices.
Great news is that some of you has been tested the launcher and confirmed to be working on specific OS and specific device. Share your experience to this thread, so that everyone can try it without additional worries. As of now, it is proven working on Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.1.2, MIUIV5 ROM with Android 4.2 and more. Check out thread here to know more.
How To Install Android 4.4 KitKat Launcher On Android Phone
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start. (HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Any device with Android 4.1.2 and above (Check here for compatibility)
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
- Download the zip file to your computer.
- Unzip the file and you should see three files inside. (GoogleHome.apk, PrebuiltGmsCore.apk and Velvet.apk)
- Copy three of them into your device’s SD card or send it through email where you can access them easily later.
- Back to your device now, goto Settings -> Security/Privacy -> Allow Unknown sources installation on your device.
- Once you allow unknown apk to be installed, now try to access to your APKs.
- Refresh your email to get APKs files if you transfer it with email.
- Execute the first APK, Velvet.apk and complete the installation then close the installation.
- Execute the second APK, PrebuiltGmsCore.apk and complete the installation then close the installation.
- Execute the third APK, GoogleHome.apk and complete the installation then open the installation.
- You should now see Android 4.4 KitKat Launcher.
- Try it and make sure it works OK with your device.
- Enjoy the launcher !!!