October 13th, 2013
How to Update Android 4.3 on Nexus 7
The most anticipated Android 4.3 Jelly Bean has finally arrived to all Nexus devices (Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10). Google announced the release of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update together with the launch of new Nexus 7 with have better hardware configuration than the its successor. The most asked question is regarding of the new features in the latest Android version being released by Google recently. We have a video below to show the exclusive feature in Android 4.3 where the rest of these features is to be explored by yourself.
This official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware update is available and most of you may already receive the update notification. However, some of you might not receive notification as Google release the update according to the region. If you are eager to update your device, here is the complete guide to manually update Android 4.3 JWR66V firmware on your Nexus 7.
Please be notified that this method is only applicable for those who have a unrooted Nexus 7 with stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware installed. For those who have rooted the device or with custom rom installed, this method is not applicable. Please follow our guideline to flash the stock update firmware on your device. If in doubt, please do not hesitate to drop us a message.
Android 4.3 Features:
How To Update Nexus 7 to Android 4.3 JWR66V Jelly Bean Firmware
Disclaimer: It’s always a risk to modify your device. We, Android Teen are not responsible for any damage or bricks on your device. Your device warranty may void with any mod. Check your devices warranty’s term & conditions before start.(HTC,Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola). Use this guide on your own risk, contact us for help if you face problem.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Nexus 7 – with stock Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 firmware (Ensure correct device model and firmware; Check device model – Go to Settings -> About Device -> Model Number)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Nexus 7 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer. (Installation guide)
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation automatically.
- Skip this step if you have installed the USB driver.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android Devices.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial. You may restore the data and files if necessary.
- How to Completely Backup Android Without Root
- How to Backup Personal Data on Android Device (Contact, Application Data, Wifi Password, APN Settings)
- Backup SMS and Restore on Android Devices
- How to Backup WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup Nandroid with Titanium Backup (Complete back up for rooted Android Devices)
Reminder: You will not lose data after flashing. However, you are encouraged to make a backup before proceed. Besides that, ensure you meet the requirements before proceed. Contact us if you face problem.
- Android 4.3 for Nexus 7 (ab67ca07c4b2e03eca795ada10ff041b77fbb7bf.signed-nakasi-JWR66V-from-JDQ39.ab67ca07.zip | 157.52MB)
- Download ab67ca07c4b2e03eca795ada10ff041b77fbb7bf.signed-nakasi-JWR66V-from-JDQ39.ab67ca07.zip and renamed it to update.zip.
- Connect your device to computer via micro USB cable.
- Copy and paste the update.zip file to the SD card. Do not place the zip file in any directory but the root of SD card.
- Unplug the device and power off.
- Boot up your device into Bootloader Mode by press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power button until Fastboot menu and Start appeared.
- Press Volume Up button for several times until Recovery appears on the screen. Press Power button to confirm.
- After exclamation mark appeared, hold Volume Up and Power button together to enter into Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Menu, select update from SD card then browse to folder location and select the update.zip by pressing the Power button.
- Wait until the installation completed. The device will reboot automatically after installation.
- The first boot up will take about 5 minutes. Please wait patiently.